TrueCare Nursing Services
Objective: The Certified Medication Aide roles is to assist the licensed nurse (RN or LPN/LVN) in providing safe and ethical care for patients, that is, administering prescribed drugs and completing other delegated nursing tasks allowed by state law.style.
Essential Functions:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Dispense oral, inhalation and topical medications to patients under direct supervision of a licensed nurse unless otherwise allowed by state law.
- Observe patients for drug reactions and report any problems to the nurses.
- Performing tasks associated with medication administration, including patient vital signs, calculate medication dosages and stock the medication cart.
- Recording medication administration according to agency procedure
- Assists the nurse in providing care to clients, which includes observation and reporting of client needs
- Recognizes and performs tasks according to level of education and training
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for own performance according to state laws and regulations.
- Performs tasks in an ethical, legal and caring manner
- Performs tasks safely and effectively to assure client comfort and welfare
- Respects client rights
- Protects confidential client information unless otherwise required to promote client safety and welfare
- Follows federal, state, and agency regulations to protect own health and that of others
- Seeks guidance from the nurse as needed to perform tasks safely and efficiently.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required totalk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift or move objects and patients weighing over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work.This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
- High school diploma.
- At least one year of Health care industry experience.
- Medication Aide certification.
Apply for job